The mission of the Volunteer Program of the School District of Manatee County is to increase student achievement through community involvement by matching willing individuals time, talents and resources to school and student needs.
Volunteers enhance the quality of education in our schools by giving their time and talents which in turn gives our schools the opportunity to excel beyond measure. Volunteers also provide creative avenues of assistance to staff, teachers and students that could not otherwise be afforded.
When parents and members of the community support local schools, children behave better, increase achievement and graduate at higher rates. Every year over over 4,200 volunteers give over 100,000 hours of their time.
The best hour spent is the one that is given away. Make a difference...VOLUNTEER and change tomorrow today!
How can I volunteer?
- Contact the School Volunteer Coordinator at the school you are interested in volunteering for or if you need additional assistance contact the District Coordinator at (941) 708-8770 ext. 2048.
- Download the Volunteer Application and complete all sections.
- Arrange a time to meet the School Coordinator for a brief interview and orientation.
- Upon arrival you must present a valid Florida Driver´s License or Florida State Identification Card or a valid Driver´s License or State Identification from any other state in the U.S. and bring your completed application with you. Your identification will be scanned and verified through the national database of sexual predators and offenders.
- 2012-2013 Volunteer Information Guide & Application in PDF
- Map of District Schools in PDF
- If you are interested in becoming a mentor and working one on one with a student, please contact:
Take Stock In Children
Big Brothers Big Sisters