Maintenance & Operations
The Maintenance & Operations Department partners with our school sites and ancillary facilities to provide safe and sanitary facilities and grounds for students and staff to pursue and achieve the District's mission.
There are five areas under the umbrella of the Maintenance & Operations Department. All are involved in Contract Management/Coordination and Project Management.
- Buildings Maintenance – cabinetry/carpentry, fire alarm, locksmith, painting, roofing and security systems
- Energy Conservation and Recycling – energy and water conservation, trash & recycling coordination and recycling programs
- Grounds Maintenance – irrigation and grounds maintenance, lawn equipment repair, pest control and playground equipment repair
- Mechanical Systems - electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), controls, plumbing, refrigeration, industrial and kitchen equipment repair
- Operations – custodial staff at elementary and middle schools and custodial equipment repair
Our mission is to support learning and achievement by maintaining and operating clean, safe, and healthy functioning schools.
For emergency requests from 7:00am - 3:30pm, call (941)708-8800 x44102.
To expedite the call, please have the Service Request number ready.
After hours, please contact Security at (941)713-5490.
We are located just east of the 27th Street E. & 26th Avenue E. intersection.
School District of Manatee County
Maintenance and Operations
R.G. Matzke Support Center
1 Matzke Way, Building 8
Bradenton, FL 34208
Phone: (941)708-8800 x44102