Let the choices you make today be the choices you can live with tomorrow
The "It’s yoUR choice" Program is a life skills program to prevent teen pregnancy, sexually transmitted illness, teen dating violence, bullying, drug, tobacco and alcohol use, and other risky behaviors in Manatee County teens.
The “It's yoUR Choice” program is fully supported by the Superintendent and the School Board, and has now been a part of the school district for 9 years, primarily in middle and high schools.
The “It’s yoUR” Choice curriculum meets numerous Florida Department of Education Health and Science Benchmarks. In addition, the Florida Department of Education has recognized our grant-based program and has lauded our SDMC “It's yoUR Choice” program as a model program on health education for secondary school students.
“It's yoUR Choice” lessons focus on:
- Promoting positive peer norms regarding restraining from high risk behavior
- Increasing communication between students and their parents
- Promoting positive attitudes about abstinence
- Providing accurate knowledge about preventing STD's, HIV, and teen pregnancy
- Preventing teen dating violence, a FLDOE mandated program
- Preventing abuse of drugs, tobacco, alcohol and other substances
- Promoting positive life skills and coping mechanisms
For more information please Download or view the It's yoUR Choice brochure or contact Suzy Ardila at (941) 751-6550 x2112