MVS Full Time K-12 Requirements
Step 1: Check Your Eligibility To Enroll as A Full Time Virtual School Student
The following eligibility requirements must be met in order to enroll in MVS Full Time. Please review the requirements carefully to determine if your student is eligible to enroll in grades K-12. In addition, students / parents must enroll in the enrollment window as posted here. MVS is a public school within Manatee County School District and as such is a School of Choice and admission is not guaranteed.
- The student must be a legal resident in the state of Florida and specifically Manatee County.
- Military families who live outside the state of Florida may enroll their students but they must maintain their Florida residency.
- Students enrolling in Kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which he or she is enrolling.
- Students enrolling in 1st grade must be 6 years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which he or she is enrolling.
- Age requirements for students with disabilities that have an active Individual Educational Plan (IEP) differ from the general school age requirements.
Students With Disabilities Requirements
- Students with disabilities are required to meet the state and school admission criteria in order to be accepted into MVS Full Time, just as their non-disabled peers.
- Current Individual Education Plans (IEP) of student applicants who meet the school’s entrance criteria will be reviewed on an individual basis in order to determine whether or not full time online education is the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) and therefore an appropriate option for school choice.
- All necessary Exceptional Student Education (ESE) services and related services noted on a student’s IEP (or 504 Plan) must be able to be delivered in an online manner and must be readily available at MVS for a student’s enrollment to be accepted in MVS Full Time as the LRE.
- If comparable services are not available or appropriate in a full time online environment, or if MVS Full Time has concerns that a full time online setting may not be the LRE for the student, or if the student will not be present in Florida regularly, then other educational options will be discussed during the application process.
To maintain contact with teachers, staff, and administration, students must have daily access to the following:
- Computer (view system requirements here)
- Internet service
If your student meets the above eligibility for admission as a Full Time Manatee Virtual Student, please go to Step 2