Perkins V Grant - Student Survey
We want to hear about your participation and experiences in career and technical education (CTE) programs and courses.
What are CTE programs?
CTE programs prepare students for careers and college by introducing students to occupations they may want to pursue. (For example, nursing, engineering, agriculture, business, information technology.) Unlike required courses in math, English, science, and social studies, CTE courses are electives (with some minor exceptions) and students generally choose to enroll in these courses because of particular interest.
CTE includes a variety of courses designed for:
- Career exploration (usually taken in middle school)
- Foundational skills in a career area (usually taken in 9th or 10th grade )
- Specialization and concentration in a career pathway (usually taken in 10th, 11th or 12th grades)
Examples of courses and programs include:
- Digital information technology
- Culinary areas
- Digital Design
- Aerospace/Transportation/Production/Materials Technology
Please be assured that your responses will remain confidential, and no names or other personally identifiable information are collected at any time. The information from this survey will be used for our comprehensive local needs assessment and priorities for our CTE programs. Responses cannot be linked to the individual completing the survey.