by maintaining and operating
clean, safe, healthy
The Maintenance & Operations Department partners with our school sites and ancillary facilities to provide safe and sanitary facilities and grounds for students and staff to pursue and achieve the District's mission.
There are five areas under the umbrella of the Maintenance & Operations Department. All are involved in Contract Management/Coordination and Project Management.
- Buildings Maintenance – cabinetry/carpentry, fire alarm, locksmith, painting, roofing and security systems.
- Energy Conservation and Recycling – energy and water conservation, trash & recycling coordination and recycling programs.
- Grounds Maintenance – irrigation and grounds maintenance, lawn equipment repair, pest control and playground equipment repair.
- Mechanical Systems - electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), controls, plumbing, refrigeration, industrial and kitchen equipment repair.
- Operations – custodial staff at elementary and middle schools and custodial equipment repair.
NOTE: All emergency requests between the hours of 7:00 AM and 3:30 PM should be called in to: (941)708-8800 ext. 44102. The phone is covered during these hours to address any emergencies. Please be sure to have the Service Request number ready to expedite the call. After hours, please contact Security at (941)713-5490
We are located just east of the 27th Street E. & 26th Avenue E. intersection.
School District of Manatee County
Maintenance and Operations
R.G. Matzke Support Center
1 Matzke Way, Building 8
Bradenton, FL 34208
Phone: (941)708-8800 ext. 44102 Fax: (941)708-8499