Parent Task Force
The PTF is comprised of active, engaged parents of students in the District. It includes representatives from elementary, middle and high schools, primarily drawn from School Advisory Councils (SAC). Every effort is made to have representatives from all school segments within the County including school administrators who will serve in Consultant roles as needed. There is a Team Leader, a Project M anager, and a Communications Manager. PTF members are appointed by the Superintendent of Schools and serve two-year terms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the PTF shall include the following:
- The Team Leader is responsible for creating meeting agendas and running meetings. He/She is the primary point of communication between the PTF and the District Sponsor, Project Manager and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- The PTF Project Manager manages the creation of deliverables from a parent perspective, records meeting minutes and updates the project plan.
- The Communications Manager manages the PTF email and provides responses as appropriate.
- The District will provide generation and approval of documents, training, and deliverables, and the PTF will provide review, feedback and analysis back to the District as requested.
- The District will issue and/or approve all communications to parents, at times jointly with the PTF. It shall leverage wherever possible existing organizations (SAC, CEF, etc.) and communication channels (website, newsletters, etc.).
The PTF shall meet as needed to accomplish designated tasks no less than monthly. PTF will be assigned an office at the School Support Center (SSC). Meetings will be held at the SSC unless otherwise indicated.
Meetings will be posted and open to the public according to the Sunshine Laws. Meeting minutes and/or deliverables will be posted on the District website .