TAPP - Teenage Parent Program
"Together We Can Work Toward Your Goals."
The primary goal of TAPP is to facilitate the completion of high school for expectant mothers, fathers, and parenting students. The program is designed to support the special needs associated with being a pregnant/parenting teenage student. Support is provided in a variety of ways, including:
* Transportation to the program from anywhere in the county
* Child care in a select community based child care center, transportation is provided
* Computer based classes, which allow students to work at their own pace
* Teachers, guidance counselor, and social worker who are all aware of the special needs of the teen parent population
* Parenting education opportunities via presentations, small groups, and individual consultation
* On the Job Training, allows the student to earn elective credits if they are employed.
* Referrals to community agencies as indicated by student need.
If you are interested in learning more about the program please contact:
Mary Carol Costigan, MSW
TAPP Social Worker
(941) 751-7027 x38067
Roy Shaw, Administrator
Mary Carol Costigan, Social Worker