Substitute Teacher Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Substitute Teacher with the School District of Manatee County!
Whether you are already a certified teacher looking for full-time employment in Manatee County, or someone who always thought you would enjoy teaching, we would love to hear from you.
Candidates wishing to become a Substitute Teacher must meet these minimum requirements:
- Provide documentation of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- All Substitute Teachers must be at least 18 years of age.
Substitutes who are 18-21 years of age may only work at elementary schools.
Substitutes who are 21 years of age or older may work at any school.
- Background Criminal History Clearance
- Complete an application online at https://www.ess.com
* To qualify for "Long-Term Substitute" status, you are required to meet the FLDOE Certification requirements and the School District of Manatee County's Long-Term Substitute Hiring Criteria.