Mona Jain students are expected to dress in an appropriate school manner. We display cleanliness, good grooming, neatness, and modesty — important standards of appearance. Our administration has the discretion to determine what appropriate and inappropriate attire congruent with district policy is. Student(s) wearing extreme styles which could disrupt the instructional environment, present health, or safety hazards, or which are indecent (sexually provocative) or in violation of the law will be subject to disciplinary actions.
All clothing must be in good taste, and appropriate for middle school students as determined by the administration. The following rules will always be observed.
- NO attire or paraphernalia that displays or is associated with drugs, sex, sexual innuendo, violence, alcohol, tobacco, vulgar language, gang dress, or clothing that displays messages contrary to a positive school environment. (i.e.: Hooters, Playboy, etc.)
- NO hats, visors, caps, hoods on sweatshirts, or sunglasses are to be worn.
- Any clothing, accessories, jewelry, or hair styles that may incorporate obscene or drug-related phrases or be considered disruptive to the learning environment is not permitted.
- Safe and appropriate footwear must be worn. Inappropriate footwear includes skate shoes and bedroom slippers.
- NO tight or indecent shirts, NO tank tops, halter tops or spaghetti straps unless there is an overshirt or undershirt with sleeves. Jerseys must have a tee shirt underneath. NO crop tops, bare midriffs, see-thru or low-cut blouses/shirts of any type. NO showing of cleavage, bras, bra straps, underwear, or stomach. The chest area and back must be covered, undergarments must be worn. No deep cut arm openings.
- NO miniskirts or short shorts. No dresses or skirts with slits. Shorts, skirts, and dresses should reach the mid-thigh. Shorts and skirt hems should be the same length all the way around. Skirts must be proper length if worn over leggings.
- NO spandex attire or leggings, dance or exercise pants without a shirt that reaches mid-thigh.
- NO saggy pants, Pants must be appropriately fastened at the waist. NO pants or shorts worn below waistline.
- No pajamas of any kind.
- Pants and shorts may have cuts, holes, tears, and frays above the knees if no skin is visible above the mid-thigh.
Any student in violation of the above rules will have parent(s) notified immediately. Students will be given the opportunity to change clothing from the supply of appropriate clothing available. If clothing does not fit, the parent will be requested to bring appropriate attire for the student. Any student in violation will not attend any Mona Jain Middle School classes and activities until proper changes are made. A repeat dress code violation will be considered defiant and dealt with accordingly.