Bashaw Elementary Arrival
School begins at 8:25 AM. Morning Drop-off begins at 7:55 AM. Students needing to be on campus before 7:55 AM must be enrolled in our Bobcat Care Program. Students who ride a school bus or a day care vehicle will be dropped off and escorted to the cafeteria.
- Please utilize the “Visitor Parking” spaces when visiting the front office. The front parking lot is not designated as a car rider drop off area, please utilize the car rider loop at the south end of campus to drop off you students.
Car Rider Drop Off
- Car rider drop off is in the car rider loop. A Bashaw staff member or Safety Patrol will unload students from your car. Please do not leave children unattended or send them to the office before 7:55 AM as there is no supervision available. The front of the school by the office is NOT a drop off area for car riders.
Bashaw Elementary Dismissal
Afternoon dismissal starts at 3:15 PM when students begin exiting their classrooms. Students are dismissed in groups: bus/daycare riders, car riders, walkers, and Bobcat Care. Any change in dismissal MUST take place before 2:45 PM, and only the enrolling parent can make changes. Students who will be signed out early through the office will need to be picked up by 2:30 PM. Changes in dismissal need to be in writing and given to the teacher in the morning. It is disruptive to the learning environment when we must call a classroom to make a dismissal change, and we will do so only with administrative approval.
Bus and Daycare Riders
- Parents should receive school bus information from the Transportation Department. Their phone number is (941) 782-1287. Make sure you know the times and locations for both pick up and drop off.
- Please let your child’s teacher know the bus number or name of day care facility that will be picking up and dropping off. If you change the way your child is going home, please make sure to send in a note to your child’s teacher.
K-5th Grade Car Pick-up
- We will not release children to parents who walk up to the car rider area.
- Pull as far forward as you can to the next loading zone, and we will load your child into your car. We will load multiple cars at one time, and then release loaded cars. Please do not pull out of order.
- Our school requires each car to have car rider identification tag each day. Cars without the assigned identification tag will be instructed to go to the front office to present id and obtain a new tag.
- Please always remain in your vehicle during student car rider dismissal.
Pre-K Car Pickup
- Pre-K parents will unitize the “Visitor Parking” area to park and pick up their student from the side cafeteria doors.
Walkers & Bike Riders
- Walkers and bike riders will be dismissed from campus at the 3:15 PM bell from the central campus gate.
- All families of walkers and bike riders must complete the Walker/Bike Rider Registration Form at the start of the school year in order to be dismissed as a walker.
- Walkers will not be released to parents arriving in cars. Families arriving in vehicles will be directed to the car rider area for student pickup. A car rider identification tag will be required for student pickup in the car rider loop.
- State law requires that all bike riders have a helmet