College and Career Center
The College and Career Center provides resources to help students plan for college and career, including researching colleges, college applications, financial aid, scholarships, SAT/ACT testing and more. Check the resources below. Contact: Linda Norris, College and Career Advisor, email@example.com
Seniors - the 2022-2023 MHS Scholarship List is posted below (Paying for College section). It is updated frequently, so be sure to check it often.
Seniors - It is not too late to complete/submit the FAFSA. See information and resources below (Paying for College section).
PLANNING FOR COLLEGE
- Checklist for Seniors
- Checklist for Juniors
- Class of 2024 High School and College Planning handout - Nov. 2022
- College Information Night for Juniors - January 2023 Presentation
- PSAT Results 2022 - How to use your scores
- Checklist for Freshmen & Sophomores
- SAT/ACT Test Dates for 2022-2023
- Big Future - college planning resource
- Explore MTC Video (Overview of Manatee Technical College)
- Florida Shines - career exploration and college planning
- Where Are The Jobs? Information Guide on Careers
- College Majors - resources to help
- Florida Shines - virtual college campus tour videos
PAYING FOR COLLEGE
- MHS 2022-2023 Scholarship List
- Other Scholarship Resources
- Scholarship Tips
- FAFSA(Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Resources/Info
- FAFSA Workshops for the Class of 2023
- in-person and virtual options available
- Get help with FAFSA from Unidos Now. They offer free FAFSA support virtually. Click here to make an appointment.
- How to Create Your FSA ID
- Financial Aid information- 4 Key Sources of Financial Aid
- State of Florida Financial Aid
- Florida Bright Futures - (it is your responsibility to know and meet the requirements)
SAT/ACT tests. These college entrance exams are required by many 4-year colleges/universities, Florida Bright Futures Scholarships and other scholarships. Taking them second semester of Junior year is the traditional timeframe. Most students take them 2 or 3 times to be prepared to apply to colleges in the fall of senior year. Students must register themselves and pay online - click here for dates, registration deadlines and links.
FLORIDA BRIGHT FUTURES - all seniors should complete the Florida Financial Aid Application. This one application is used for all state of Florida grants/scholarships, including BRIGHT FUTURES! It opens October 1st of senior year, is online and only takes a few minutes. Seniors should complete it in the fall - even if they are still working on the requirements, like service hours or test scores. See more details on how to apply here. Learn more about all the state scholarships, including Bright Futures here.