Activities that DON'T count
Unfortunately, the following activities do not count toward community service. Please note: This not an all-inclusive list.
If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Stedman during lunch in the cafeteria, or before and after school in student services.
Activities for the sole benefit of a religious house of worship and it's congregation:
- Praise team
- Religious teaching
- Community outreach
- Canned foods
- Locks of Love
- Blood donations
Extra-curricular activity (school related and non-school related) requirements:
- Performances / recitals / games
- Community theater rehearsals / performances
- Attendance at self-improvement workshops, training, conferences, competitions or travel.
- Court ordered community service
- Family related activities or service to family members (parents, grandparents, siblings, etc.) including step relations
- Fostering animals in the home
- Job shadowing
- Work that is compensated either financially or with some other material gain, including grades