Megan Johnson, Title I Coordinator
Federal Programs and Grants
Professional Support Center
2501 63rd Avenue E. Bradenton, FL 34203
(941) 751-6550 x43066
Title I, Part A- Improving Basic Programs Operated by State and Local Educational Agencies
Title I, Part A is part of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) and was renewed in 2015 as the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). It is the largest federally funded educational program. This program is authorized by Congress and provides supplemental funds to assist schools with the highest concentrations of poverty.
Title I, Part A provides additional funding and educational services to schools with the highest percentage of low-income families to increase student achievement. Title I, Part A grants help to "level the playing field" and allow Manatee County to provide a high-quality education to all students, regardless of background, economic status or locale.
Title I, Part A Federal Funds can be used to:
- hire additional teachers to lower class sizes;
- hire staff to support Title I initiatives;
- provide supplemental materials, supplies and technology;
- support before and after-school academic and remediation programs;
- provide high-quality professional training for teachers and administrators; and
- support parent and family engagement activities to improve the home-school connection
*These funds are mandated by the Federal government to supplement the needs of schools beyond the services already provided by the district.