• Dept Box  Welcome to Property Records, Records & Transcript Request and Records Retention Dept

If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.
    Records Management Staff
    Contacts for Archived Student Records

    Karen Ray, Clerical Assistant II

    (941) 708-8800 ext. 1050


    5 years after graduation/intended graduation - student transcripts, immunization records, graduation verification, vocational degree verification. 


    Dawn Vickers, FCRM.  Records Management Specialist

    (941) 708-8800 ext. 1049


    Records inventory/storage management, destruction of records, records transmittal requests, records training and identification of records for retention and destruction utilizing the General Records Schedules for district personnel.


    Fixed Assets/Property Inventory Staff

     Contacts for District owned tangible personal property for items costing $1,000. or greater

     Bob Farrinton, Property Inspector

    (941)708-8800 ext. 1048



    Nancy Thomas, Property Records/Records Management Manager

    (941) 708-8800 ext. 1051





    Transcripts, immunizations and student records are available for request by students who attended a Manatee County School from Records Management five (5) years after graduation/or intended graduation date.  If you graduated or withdrew within the past 5 years, please contact the last school you attended to request your transcript. To locate the last school attended click on the word 'Schools' at the top of this page.

    Student records are confidential and can only be released by written consent from the student once he/she attains age 18 or parent if the child is under 18 years of age, per Florida State Statute 1002.22

    http://archive.flsenate.gov/statutes/index.cfm?mode=View%20Statutes&SubMenu=1&App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=1002.22&URL=1000-1099/1002/Sections/1002.22.html , rights to and access procedures.  


    A Records Release Form is required along with photo identification before any records can be released, unless it is being sent directly to an educational institution.  If you are unable to come to our office in person, you will be required to have your records release form notarized before your records will be released to you.  Duplicates of diplomas and birth certificates are not available.


    Records Release Form in PDF


    This form can be faxed, mailed or emailed.


         Official Transcript - $3.00

         Official Vocational - $3.00

         ESE Records - $.15 per page

         Psychological - $.15 per page

         Immunizations - $1.00

         Verification of Birth - $1.00 (If no other school records are found)


    All requests are processed in date order as received and are mailed or faxed to the authorized address/fax number.  Once we receive the written request in the Records Retention Office, it takes approximately three (3) business working days for the records to be mailed.  The District must respond within thirty (30) days.  If you are mailed a transcript stamped 'Official Copy' on the envelope, do not open it, you should deliver it to the appropriate college.  Once the envelope is opened, it will no longer be considered an 'official copy'.


    Verifications that are acceptable by the Records Management Department for release of school records:

     A valid photo I.D. is required. 

         One of the following may be used:

              State issued drivers license

              State issued photo identification card

              Valid United States Passport


               Notary verification statement


    When NOT requesting records in person or no photo ID is available:

              Notary verification statement



    GED's can be obtained directly from the state website at:


    Or call 877-352-4331 (toll free) or 850-245-0449.



    How do I get to the Records office?


    Our address is 1 Matzke Way, Bradenton, FL. 34208 The entrance is in the 2900 block of 26th Ave East. Public entry is through Gate #1 - just east of 27th Street East past Mixon Fruit Farms. We are located in building #7 (gold color): “Records and Distribution”. Enter door 7-140 just left of the ATM.


    How can I obtain my records?


    You will need to fill out a records release form which can be found on this website or by calling (941) 708-8800, ext. 1050 or 1049. You will also be required to provide a state issued drivers license or photo I.D. if you are picking your records up in person. If you are unable to come in to our office in person your records release form must be notarized.


    Is there a fee for obtaining my records?



         Official Transcript - $3.00

         Official Vocational - $3.00

         ESE Records - $.15 per page

         Psychological - $.15 per page

         Immunizations - $1.00

         Verification of Birth - $1.00 (If no other school records are found)


    Can I request someone else's records?

    Manatee County School District can only release records for children under the age of 18 to the parent, please contact the school the child is currently attending as these records are only located at the school. We cannot release anyone else's records to you, unless they have authorized you to pick up their records and have the records release form notarized. Although we can release directory information, which this District has defined as (1) Student's name; (2) Electronic mail address; (3) Photograph, video, film or other likeness; (4) Date and place of birth; (5) major field of study; (6) Dates of attendance; (7) Grade level; (8) Participation in officially recognized activities and sports; (9) Weight and height of athletic team members; (10) Degrees, honors, and awards received; and (11) the most recent school attended.  Directory information can be disclosed without parental consent.


    What kind of records are available to me?

    We can provide a school transcript if you attended any Manatee County School five (5) years after your graduation/intended graduation date or for Vocational three (3) years after completion. We also provide immunization records with a date of graduation/intended graduation 1986 to present if available & verification of birth date (we do not keep copies of original birth certificates).

    If it has been less than five (5) years after your graduation/intended graduation date please contact the registrar at the last school you attended.

    To locate the last school attended click on 'Schools & Calendars' on the far left of this screen.

    GED's can be obtained directly from the state website at:



    Can I get a copy of my high school diploma?

    There was only one diploma issued at the time of graduation. We do not keep copies of that diploma. The transcript has the graduation date on it and schools and employers will accept this as verification of graduation.


    What are your office hours?

    We are open Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Summer hours run for seven weeks after school has closed, those hours are Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. We are also closed during winter and spring breaks.




    The mission of the Property Records Department is to establish and promote measures that will enable the School District of Manatee County, Florida to adequately safeguard and account for all of its property and comply with all applicable state, federal, and School Board rules, regulations and procedures. This involves coordinating the annual physical inventory, recording acquisitions, deletions and other changes into the Manatee Business World database files in a timely and appropriate manner; managing the transfer and disposition of surplus property; and providing the appropriate property related information and training to School District departments and schools.

     Property Records staff also pledges to go beyond the printed word and dedicate themselves to the District by taking great pride in the services provided to our students, staff and community and by providing excellent customer service, integrity, loyalty, and professionalism.

  • Matzke
Showing results for "Professor named Smith at Elementary School"