What is Peachjar?
The School District of Manatee County (SDMC) is committed to increase parent/family/community engagement throughout the District. As part of our effort, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer (eflyer) delivery using Peachjar.
No more rifling through backpacks and binders to find important information! School-approved eflyers will be published on school websites, and delivered directly to parents/guardians via email. This environmentally-friendly initiative reduces printing costs for our schools and community partners, while removing an administrative burden from teachers, office staff and volunteers.
Peachjar For Parents/Guardians
If your email address is up-to-date in FOCUS, no action is required on your part. You will automatically receive a "Welcome" email from Peachjar with a username and password. If you update or change your email address in FOCUS, a new “Welcome” email from Peachjar will be generated.
Login to Peachjar is not required to receive emails or view eflyers, but it allows you to manage your Peachjar account. During the school year, you will receive periodic emails with a link to eflyers for your student(s). You may also view the eflyers at any time by clicking the "Peachjar" button on your school website's homepage.
If you want to opt-out of eflyer delivery, you must login to Peachjar and change your delivery preferences. Please keep in mind that Peachjar replaces distribution of paper flyers at your student's school. By opting out, you may miss important information about upcoming school activities, programs or events.
Peachjar is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved eflyers. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose.
Peachjar for Community Organizations
Paper flyers from external Community Organizations will no longer be distributed at SDMC schools.
Community Organizations may register with Peachjar to upload flyers for electronic distribution to SDMC schools. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to print and deliver paper flyers to each school. Local community organizations may distribute eflyers to nearby schools at no cost when promoting a free event or activity that does not encourage participants to join a fee-based program, or include the opportunity to purchase products, services, food or beverages.
Approval Guidelines for eFlyers
SDMC reserves the right to revoke distribution privileges from a Community Organization if an eflyer is found promoting an activity that does not follow Policy 9700.01 or the guidelines below (i.e. activity described in eflyer was not what actually occurred).
SDMC may approve the distribution of eflyers that promote:
- Educational events aligned to the SDMC Strategic Plan, vision, mission, and core values
- Healthy and wholesome enrichment opportunities that support education beyond the classroom
- Leisure activities for students and families sponsored by Community Organizations that support SDMC schools and/or the District
SDMC will not approve the distribution of eflyers that promote:
- Political parties, organizations or viewpoints
- Religious organizations or viewpoints
- Activities or products deemed not suitable for children
- Activities or products that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives (i.e. advertisements for tobacco and intoxicants)
- Activities or products that would position the District on any side of a controversial issue
Requirements for eFlyers
Distribution of eflyers does not imply SDMC endorsement of any product or service. A disclaimer in bold type will automatically be added to every eflyer footer stating “The School District of Manatee County is not affiliated with this event or organization.”
Eflyers approved for distribution must:
- Be saved as PDF file format
- Be sized as 8.5" x 11" with vertical/portrait orientation
- Contain machine-readable text, not a scanned image of text
- Contain copyright-owned or free clipart/stock images only (No snapshots of students, staff, etc.)
- Contain the name and contact information of the Community Organization or sponsoring entity
- Also include a Spanish version if distributing to all schools, or based on the school’s demographics
How to Submit an eFlyer
To submit an eflyer for approval and distribution, please follow these steps:
1) Visit www.peachjar.com.
2) Register using "Enrichment/Community Org" as your "Account Type".
3) Upload your eflyer for approval.
SDMC will review your eflyer and approve or deny distribution based on the guidelines above.
Please submit your eflyer at least one week before your desired distribution date. Approvals are done every Monday. Flyers will not be approved during school holidays or breaks. After SDMC approves your eflyer, Peachjar will email it to parents and post it on the school and/or District website.
If you have any questions about how to get started, or want to request a free Peachjar account, please contact Peachjar.
For further information contact Deborah Perry-Gambino, District Community Engagement Specialist at (941) 708-8770 x41048 or email@example.com.