Leadership Development Philosophy
• Commit to ongoing improvement toward student achievement.
• Establish positive learning environments.
• Foster positive professional relationships.
• Build a culture of trust.
• Communicate clearly.
• Nurture teacher success.
The Aspiring Leaders program is a Level I Certification program designed to prepare instructional leaders for the Assistant Principal Pool.
During the year-long program, participants may earn 60+ Inservice Points through face-to-face and online components.
Applicants must be current SDMC employees. The application deadline is August 15th each year.
Assistant Principal Pool
You must be a member of the Assistant Principal Pool to apply for an Assistant Principal position.
In-county applicants must provide evidence of successful completion of the Aspiring Leaders program and complete a targeted selection interview to determine eligibility. Out of County and Out of State applicants who meet pool requirements are welcome to apply.
Membership in the pool is valid for five years, and must be updated prior to expiration to maintain active status.
- Out-of-County Matrix (if applicable)
- Current Florida Professional Educator Certificate with Educational Leadership or FLDOE Statement of Eligibility
- Master's degree with Educational Leadership, Administration, or Administration/Supervisor
- Resume with five years teaching experience
- Three Recommendations (1 from most recent supervisor)
- Evaluations (last 2 years)
- In-State Applicant with Evidence of Aspiring Leaders Program and Targeted Selection Interview
- Out of County and Out of State current Assistant Principals
Level II Principal Development
The Level II Principal Certification program is designed for Assistant Principals, currently employed by SDMC, who are seeking Level II Certification to become a Principal.
Entrance into the program is by invitation from the Executive Directors. If selected, participants will attend the Gulf Coast Partnership Resident Program at the University of South Florida in Tampa. Candidates who successfully complete the Level II Principal Certification program will be added to the Principal Pool.
You must be a member of the Principal Pool to be eligible to apply for a Principal position.