Pursuant to Florida State Statute and School Board Policy 2520, the adoption of instructional materials must be made available to the parents of public school students and residents of Manatee County 20 calendar days prior to the adoption by the School Board.
Instructional Materials Process
• Publishers are reviewed by the State Board of Education before selection by the District.
• Vendors prepare print and digital materials to be evaluated by the District Instructional Materials Adoption Committee (School Administrators, Teachers, Parents, and Community Members).
• Instructional Materials are presented, reviewed, and evaluated by the District Instructional Materials Adoption Committee.
• Materials are available (November - March) for in-person review at the Professional Support Center, 2501 63rd Avenue E, Bradenton, FL 34203.
• School site instructional employees complete online voting.
• District Instructional Materials Adoption Committee makes final recommendation to the Board.
Textbook Adoption for K-12 Social Studies
Adoption Committee Parent/Community Member Application
We are seeking parent and community support during our instructional materials adoption committee meetings. If you are interested in participating in this process, please complete this form between September 13 - September 22, 2023.
Committee members will be notified by September 29, 2023.
October 30, 2023 (Virtual) 8:30am - 10:30am
November 7, 2023 (Wakeland) 8:00am - 4:00pm
November 13, 2023 (PSC)
Elementary School 8:00am - 10:00am
Middle School 10:30am - 12:30pm
High School 1:30pm - 3:30pm
January 8, 2024 (TBD) 8:30am - 10:30am
Instructional Materials Public Digital Sample Access
To be published November 2023.
You may submit your comments for the Social Studies textbook adoption for the School District of Manatee County.